Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Boston - Day 3

Okay, I changed my mind from day 1. There's a reason I live in the South. As funny as the crasspersonalities are, it does kind of wear on you. I guess we Southerners just a bunch more social creatures and can handle small talk. At the Red Sox game, there I was all by myself craving for someone to talk baseball with. I tried finding something in common...yelling any cheer, commenting onbig plays, etc.; but not a single person recognized my existence let alone talked back. I thought"do I smell?", did I accidentally say "Let's go Yankees"? I didn't think so. But I realized, that's just the way they are around here I guess. But nonetheless, I can't let that ruin my experience because Fenway is every bit as magical an experience as I expected it to be. The place justoozes baseball and the history of baseball. And I will say the fans live and die the Red Sox...much the way I have the love for my Dawgs. I definitely appreciate the passion. But anything that could go my way, went my way. I got there early enough to enjoy the stadium, got a Fenway Frank,took some pictures, got to see Manny and Papi hit a homer, and see the Sox win 4-0.


But alas, Fenway wasn't my only highlight of the day. Becky wasn't feeling too well and stayed backin the room to recover. I fret to say I took advantage of this, but I did. There's no way shecould have kept up with me the rest of the day. Immediately after we parted ways, I took off on the "T" and headed up the red line to Harvard and took a bunch of pictures. Harvard and UGA, honestly,look almost identical. Sure the college is more expensive and the kids may be a hair smarter, butall in all, it was like touring UGA. However, I will admit that UGA doesn't quite have the history andstories that Harvard does...but hey, they've been open 150 years longer.

After my travels at Harvard, I took off for the North End. This is the Italian district of Boston andboy howdy was it. Walking around, I swear to you people were talking in Italian, there were more Italian flags than American, and there were over 100 Italian restaurants in about 2 square miles. I took part in one them and ate at CitySearch.com's #1 Pizza establishment, Pizzeria Regina. Honestto God, it was the best pizza I have ever eaten, and I am very picky with my pizza. We don't knowpizza in the South, y'all. Nothing even comes close. The only bad thing was they didn't have it bythe slice, so I had to order a large pizza for just one. I'm sure I looked like a glutton, but I didn't care. Also, after I left, I had to tote around a pizza box while touring the rest of North End. Again, totally worth it.

But my night ended in Fenway...which I've already touched on. Tomorrow, we leave for Maine.

No comments: