Thursday, July 12, 2007

A fan of Google, I am, yes...

Anyone that knows me knows that I pimp the crap out of Google. I don't know if it really IS the best set of applications out there, but it is almost as if they designed everything for me.

In fact I recently stumbled across some secret transcripts not officially released to the public. It went something like this (I swear!)

New associate: "Mr. Page, Mr. Brin...I have developed a new application for Google use. It allows you to get directions from anywhere, to anywhere, accurately and with a nice interface, down to the utmost details...it's really incredible. We could call it Google Maps"

Larry Page: "I think it's crap! No one will ever use it"

Sergei Brin: "I agree, Lar...it sucks ass"

New associate: "Really? I think ScubaDawg97 would love it."

Sergei and Larry (both): "Oh, really? Well in that case, let's roll with it"


Okay, believe it or not, this conversation did not actually happen. I did make it up. I'm sorry, I know you're devastated. But seriously....it's not just Google Maps. It's Google everything. I use Picasa, Maps, Earth, Docs, Mail, Images, Reader, and even search the internet with it believe it or not.

But yeah, I guess Google Maps is my favorite app of the entire Google Suite. So if you haven't checked out "My Maps" on Google Maps, give it a whirl. To do this you must have a Google Account.
  • Go to Google Maps
  • Click on the 2nd tab that says "My Maps"
  • Select the link right underneat that says "Add Content"
  • Select any application that suits your fancy. I personally liked Distance calculator, the Long Distance tool, Panoramio, and Dig a Hole through the Center of the Earth.

Try it out.